Aquarium Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
clown knife ate a shark couple days ago. shark fin went through knifes mouth and hooked him pretty good. now the knife cant close his mouth.

should i have my b/f catch him and push his mouth back shut or just have him stay like that? going to get feeder today to see if he can still eat his "meat". he still eats flakes and has problems eating pellets now.

·
Aquarium Fanatic
1,267 Posts
how long has he been like this? i wouldnt force his mouth shut, you could end up breaking something, if he can still eat i would just let him be

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I bought some rosy for the knife and he can eat just fine...ill just let his jaw be how it is since I know now that it doesn't affect how he eats.

what else would you recommend for him to eat? I introduced him to the rosy today and he seemed to enjoy it. Also seemed a lot easier for him to eat than regular comet.

·
Registered
67 Posts
As long as the clown is eating just keep a close eye on it.DO NOT try to close its mouth.If in a few days its mouth is not better then you will have to take measures to ensure it will not die from lack of food.(just because its eating doesnt mean its ok and getting all the nutrition it needs )pics would help.

·
Banned
24 Posts
if its a big clown knife maybe you could use a small pair of medical scissors to cut the spines and slide the Shark out... ive heard of it being done with a Goldfish that ate an Ottocinclus

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
UPDATE!!!!!!

knife's mouth is now closed thankfully.

also, when i get feeder fish, how do I know how much to feed him? I can make a dozen last about 2 days because they start dying off.
As for feeder guppies, before the knife can even eat them, my gourami eats all of them because he is so much faster than him. I hope that's okay!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts