Aquarium Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay. I really want an axiloti (Mexican walking fish) and if I work hard I might be getting one in a month or so. MWF can breathe air but also have gills so how should I set the tank up? They never loose their gills but they can surive out of water as long as their skin stays damp. Should I make a platform out of stone so it can have somewhere to sit out of water or should I leave some space at the top so it can come up for air if needed? So should I set it up like normal?

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I am begging for it. My parents said in the end of feb when I redo my room I might be able
to get one

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
What state do you live in?
She lives in the same town as me, and in NY Axolotls are legal.

Ok "becki", I highly reccomend Caudata.org, I am a member there and axolotls are EXTREMELY popular on that forum and they even have a seperate branch called axolotl.org. You will find hundreds of breeders there with eggs, juveniles, and adults of all sorts of breeds(golden, albino, leucistic, wild-type, and more). the only problem is that they are a little strict on that forum, but as long as you can type PROPER english instead of those crazy txting stuff you'll be fine.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts