Aquarium Forum banner

help with... pumps mainly, but possibly everything...

891 views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  darckhart 
#1 ·
hi all. new here and tried searching for some info, but came up short, so i'm hoping you guys can help me out.

i just got a hand-me-down chiller (jbj arctica, 3000 btu/hr), but it has some min/max flowrates. i suppose if i want to use the chiller, i would have to supply the min flowrate to it (in this case, 8 gpm). soo, i need help finding a QUIET pump that i can attach inline to do this. unfortunately, i also have sort of high head height requirement of about 10'.

thanks!

#2 ·
Have you gone to online supply sites to see if you can find a pump to the spec you need? There are many, many pumps out there. Just depends on what you need, flow, location you're placing, submerged or not, etc, etc. Most low-flo pumps are pretty quiet.

#3 ·
yes, i've looked. came up with a few that i think should work. but yea, that's part of the problem. it's the high head with the high flowrate that makes it difficult because it seems the pumps that fit that requirement (iwaki, little giant) are not so quiet (according to reviews). which makes me wonder, is the chiller unable to operate if the min flowrate is not met? or does the efficiency of the chiller simply go down if the min flowrate is not met?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.