Aquarium Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am moving and need to know the best way to move my tanks the largest is 40 Gal.3 of the tanks have live plants as well as fish no inverts--need all the help I can get-

·
Registered
259 Posts
just get a BIG drum or buckets and fill the with water and plants.. or just start over

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
when you say miving are you moving to a new local place or across country..... or it time to go tot college and your staing in a dorm ....... if your just moving to a new house it would be best to use buckets of tank water to move everything to the new house and reset up the tanks. If your moving and it going to be a few days until you get there you may want to see if you can just get rid of the fish and pkants and start over, in most cases the fish will not make a long move, and plants wwill start to "melt" after a couple of days in the dark. If you going to college, you may want to get someonre to watch over your tank until you get set up at college and see how much room you actually have in the dorm. I know when I wzs in college those dorm rooms were smalll after you get all you stuff in there.

·
Registered
6 Posts
DJ, is right as to the plants melting in a few days...In the past I have used rubbermaid tubs and placed the plants and substrate in them, it will work for a short time. You can do the same with the fish and a single HOB filter that could be plugged in from time to time to agitate/airyate the water,....You must remember to keep them warm.....and as always, indeed you could start over....Good luck

1 - 5 of 5 Posts