Aquarium Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, so I am going off to college soon and because I will be lonely, I feel that a little company is needed. That companionship will hopefully be a pet dwarf puffer. My only problem I face is what products I need to get.

:fish-in-bowl::fish-in-bowl::fish-in-bowl::fish-in-bowl::fish-in-bowl::fish-in-bowl::fish-in-bowl::fish-in-bowl::fish-in-bowl::fish-in-bowl::fish-in-bowl::fish-in-bowl::fish-in-bowl::fish-in-bowl::fish-in-bowl::fish-in-bowl::fish-in-bowl::fish-in-bowl::fish-in-bowl::fish-in-bowl::fish-in-bowl::fish-in-bowl:​

I know the following:
  • The max amount of gallons is 7.
  • I only need/want 1 Dwarf Puffer. (Also want a cleaning crew if possible)(Something exotic looking)
  • The Tank needs the best quality filtration system for the lowest possible price. (Note: A reusable filter would be super... if it exists)
  • The tank needs to be safe for the inhabitants.
  • Florissant lighting (moon light if possible)
  • LOTS O' ROOM for decor (plan on adding LIVE plants later)
  • The stuff needed to care for live plants (??CO2, Lighting, Nutrients other???) Not sure what I need here?
  • Other Thingy-Ma-Jigs.... (This would be the things that others sugest)

·
Registered
134 Posts
Can you get a 10 gal? That would work. Or is your college saying 7 gals max? Get whatever you can get away with, I say. More room is much less of a problem than less room.

Personally, I like Aqua-Tech from Walmart. They are cheap and get one a bit more powerful for your tank size. One that can handle 10-20 gals should work if you get a 7 gal.

Clean up crew...I'd go for snails. You might be able to get away with a few oto cats or shrimp. Or they might get torn apart by a grumpy puffer.

Most tanks come with basic florescent lighting.

Real plants I suggest Java Fern, Java Moss, Anubias nana, or Anacharis. Look for easy to care for low-light plants and RESEARCH.

A heater. Invest your money in a good one. Puffers like warm water and do best at around 80 degrees.

For decor, get things that have lots of hiding ability and holes.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts