Aquarium Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I'm a new member, invited through email. Have had freshwater fish since 1973. 150 gallon tank going for the last 17 years. But the challenge has been the 75 gallon saltwater tank...first I had a freeloader, mantis shrimp. I was so excited watching as it worked to make its little house in the rock. Ingeneous. Hard-working. I did not relate the dwindling crabs/snails etc. Told my local fish supplier about how much fun the critter was to watch then I was told he had to go....took a while but I got rid of the ugly but industrious creature.
Next, fighting aptasia. A never ending battle. Tried washing. Tried Aptasia Away....you try injecting all those little creature who hide in the rocks. Tried shrimp but the cute little 1 1/2" engineer gobies have grown to about 10" who then thought the shrimp were caviar. 5 shrimp gone in minutes.
Ordered Berghia from someone in the St. Louis area....tiny little creatures. Put them in and never saw them again. Another $148 down the drain. Guess the engineers have to go and then I can place an order for shrimp to eat to their hearts content....I've got hundreds of aptasia to feed them for weeks.
Open to suggestions. [email protected]

·
Banned
1,323 Posts
Thanks for joining us and welcome to this site. While I do not have an answer for your problem we do have many others who have probably been in your boat at some time. :) This is the wonderful thing about this forum we have many interests and experiences represented here and someone will always come up with an answer.

I do think and hope that you will enjoy your membership here. It is a very friendly and happy forum.

Rose

·
Registered
119 Posts
*w2 glad to have ya. As far as apstasia joes juice or ms wages pickling lime is all I have seen kiil them. pepermint shrimp are hit or miss if they have plenty to eat already they wont eat the apstasia. So keep them hungry and they will but only the small ones. So if you take care of the bigger ones you should be ok. The shrimp will go in the rock work and get those as where you cant. Good luck thats a hard fight been there.

·
Goodwill Ambassador
614 Posts
welcome to the site ...as for your problem just dont put any small fish,crustacions,in that tank or put your bigger fish in an another tank

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
Welcome to the site! I don't why every1 is saying that all the fish need to be taken away...the solution is to put more fish in! Copper-banded and the other longnosed butterfly fish eat Aiptasia! I know the member Imaexpat2 can help u out better on this.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts