Aquarium Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone,
I am having a problem with cloudy water and just wanted an opinion from someone more knoledgable than me on the topic.
I recently gave my fish away and cleaned out the sand in my tank so I could replace it with gravel. I emptied the tank (38gallon), scrubbed it down, and restarted. I used all my old rocks and ornaments that were in the tank prior.
I filled the tank 5 days ago and treated the water. The water has been very cloudy since the day after i set up the tank. I would have thought it would be gone after a day or two but that hasnt been the case.

Now my question is, do you guys think this is from not cleaning the gravel well enough? (i kind of half assed it). If so, do u think its necissary to take everything out and rewash the gravel or do u think I can fill and empty the tank twice or 3 times without taking everything out (i really like how i set everything up).

Or, can this actually be from bacteria from all the old lava rocks and ornaments i had in there? The lava rocks hold/soak up alot of water. They were still soaked from the old fish water.

I dont want to take everything out and have to clean out my gravel again because this would take forever and it may not even be the problem.

What do you guys think? What are your suggestions? Walk me through it

thanks

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
here is some more info

tested water

ph read : 7.6

ammonia read : .0.25

Tank is 38gallon

filter topfin40