Aquarium Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got a new angel fish two days ago and from the beginning he wasn't quite right. Now I know I should just take him back to my lfs and exchange him for another one he's so sad and pathetic but I was hoping there was something I could do to "fix" him! He is continuously in this none stop frenzied swim in which he is always head up, looks like he's always pulling this tremendous weight behind him. He swims like this to the point that he becomes completely exhausted and has to stop moving. The first day he was in the tank he kept hiding behind a rock and laying on the ground looking barely alive. Yesterday he'd swim along the bottom and stop and rest for several hours before moving again. And today he's lodged himself into place by the heater. I had to turn my filter off when i fed the tank because he couldn't keep up with the food to get any. Does any one have any suggestions or is he a lost cause?

·
Registered
232 Posts
It is typically not good practice to buy fish that are not healthy from the get go. Do you have any other fish in the tank? If so I would def. take it back. Unless you are experience in rehabbing fish there isn't much good that will come from buying sick fish.

·
Registered
2,257 Posts
One of my Panda Kois started out like that from a private breeder, it has since straightened out. Mine didnt act like this in his tanks though, Id take it back.

·
Registered
6,072 Posts
If he is not doing good. Take tha poor fish back.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts