Aquarium Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
help i have an ELITE STINGRAY 15 WATER FILTER and it already eaten 2 of my fish.
i would apresiate any advice on this as i dont want to lose the other 6 of them
thank you
amy

·
Registered
187 Posts
Being its only a 10 gallon tank i would get rid of th stingray filter and go with an Aquaclear filter.I have one on my 10 gallon and it works great.i have several small neon tetra's and it does not affect them!

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
u should replace it with either Aquaeon, Whisper, or as mentioned Aquaclear. Aquaclear has the most media but is quite loud, and whisper is soundless but with little media-im not sure about aquaeon.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Tyler im not sure what aquaclear you have used but you cannot hear mine running at all.Only thing you will hear from mine is the water droping into the tank,Now if you fill it to the line you cant hear anything.Very very quiet filter.As far as a small tank i have used several diff styles and aquaclear is the best i have used!

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
i just read reviews on shop sights and the reviewers all said it was very loud.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Well do not always go by reviews:).Aquaclear is the quietest filter i have ever used.And as far as doing its job i dont see it being beat not as far as a small tank anyways!

·
Registered
271 Posts
nope, even on big tanks theyre awesome. the aquaclear110 is the best HOB on the market right now.
i have an ac50 on a 20g tank (more then twice the size of the filter required) and its silent.

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
well my social studies teacher uses an aquaclear 110 on a 35-Gallon African Cichlid Tank, and sometimes its loud and sometimes it doesn't make a noise. i have always used Whisper and it doesn't make a sound. But aquaclear has alot more media so i say AquaClear.

·
Registered
271 Posts
must be running it wrong, because all you should hear is the water falling into the tank. the impeller makes no noise at all. and if your tank is filled properly, you wont hear the waterfall either.
also, a ac110 is WAY too big for a 35g. lol. (but id do it. hahahahhah)

·
Registered
187 Posts
Yea i agree i can put my ear right next to mine and you can't hear anything!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts