Aquarium Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2 days ago I noticed my fish was getting a bit of a belly on him which is my fault I skipped his morning feeding as I was traveling back home from a few hours away and than tried to double up on his night time feeding which I now know was incredibly bad and dumb seeing as how his stomach is not big enough, When I got home he was normal and active and happy to see me and be fed as usual but about a hour after that I noticed his stomach was getting bigger and he was acting very lethargic. My first thought was swim bladder which it could still potentially be so I set up my little 1 gallon hospital tank which is bare and I moved him over into it so I could monitor him. I was planning on doing the 3 day fast than give him a pea. My issue is this morning I came in to check on him and now along with a swollen stomach his stomach also appears very pale. This is day 2 of his 3 day fast and he has still not pooped yet. I am concerned because I don't know if he's just constipated and I should keep waiting or if he could have dropsy, I have never seen or had a fish with dropsy so I'm not sure. I'm still hoping it's just constipation since I overfed him and he hasn't popped in 2 days. His scales don't seem to be affected at the moment so that is promising, I just automatically assumed I messed up and he got swim bladder but now its not getting better and im not sure it's getting worse but it feels that way. His hospital tank does have a filter and its at about 79-80 to help speed up digestion but it hasn't worked as of yet. Should I be worried it's dropsy or is this classic constipation?
His stomach is pretty bloated so I'm just worried it's not constipation and its fluid retention which would be a sign of dropsy an probably to late to save him at this point but at the same time he hasn't pooped yet so I'm not sure what to do for the little guy. He is at the bottom of the hospital tank head pointed down body up and he stays in the same spot hiding.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts