Aquarium Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here is where I am at. I have a 120g tank I will be setting up in the next week or so. I am going to stock the tank with angels, cardindals, corys, and some BN plecos. It is the standard 6 foot long tank. I have 2 36 inch lights. Each light has a 96watt cfl bulb, 6700k (192 watts total). I also have 3 large pieces of driftwood and pea gravel substrate. I have about 10 small java fern starts in another tank I am going to move over to this tank. I was planning on some anubias and some swords. I would like a list of plants that I can put in this setup that will work with the light I have and not need to use CO2 (if this is possible). I think I am still in the low light category so hopefully I won't need the CO2. I would like to have some type of tall thin grass to fill one corner for the angels to hide in. I know that the java ferns and anubias won't get real tall so I would like some other taller plants that the angels can use. I might also have some floating plants as I am going for an amazon look.
I have 2 AC 110 filters.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Vals would be great. Another option is Anacharis, although it's a bit harder to grow. If you are using regular gravel, you'll probably want some root tabs for the swords as they feed pretty heavily from their roots.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts