Aquarium Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok so i thought it the filter was draining a bit heavy so i adjusted my overflow and the pump started to gurgle and blowing tons of little bubbles into my tank, ive got 2 new damsels in there right now, how do i fix this without pushing a ton of air bubbles to my tank?

·
Aquarium Fanatic
1,267 Posts
picture maybe?
that would really help or a diagram showing what you did
i dont knwo exactly what changed to know where the bubbles are coming from

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i dont have a camera, well im assuming when i moved the overflow box it stopped letting water in to the box and it sucked up what in there...its a wet/dry filter system

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
no, the skimmer wont be in until wednesday, but the problem is there are bubbles running through my filter/pump

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
im almost positive it is sucking air, because the pump is making a gurgle noise,the filter/overflow water level raised, and i found the overflow in the tank very low with water and barely allowing any to come in

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i should say a pulsing noise, kinda as if it was turned on without water in it. and its blowing tiny bubbles inside my tank. :(

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
well sofar i have reset the siphon (u shaped tube), i have not turned on the pump yet, and i have the big bubble at the top of the siphon rightnow that needs to be worked out on start up, what else should i do and how low should i have the drop in box below the water

·
Premium Member
3,108 Posts
Your overflow needs to keep up with your pump.
To slow the flow down to make things quieter, don't restrict your overlflow, rather you should restrict the flow that comes out of the pump.
You should use the screw on the overflow to adjust the depth the box inside the tank hangs, put the surface of the water so its behind the plastic lip so you don't see the surface when looking in the tank from the front.
Hope that helps you understand it all a bit more.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts