Aquarium Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I used to have plastic plants in my Bettas tank but when cleaning the tank, I noticed that his fins were tearing. I removed the plants thinking that they were tearing his fins due to their ‘sharp’ edges. Since that day, every time my Betta sees me, he gets skittish & starts swimming around erratically, nose diving into the small stones on the ground (presumably to hide) & banging himself into the glass. He used to come up to the surface at feed time but now he just tries to hide. I still put the food in but he waits for me to leave & then eats. His fins are also increasingly deteriorating & disintegrating.
Fin Organism Water Fish Beak

Hand Bird Organism Feather Beak

·
Registered
21 Posts
I just posted a reply regarding the Betta disintegrating fins on another thread: Betta fins shredding

Regarding the erratic swimming behavior, it seems to be a swim bladder issue, but the question does he do this all the time or only when you come near the tank?
Warning to all, LiveAquaria.com has FISH LICE! They destroyed my 10 yr old tank and killed all five of my giant goldfish (over 2 lbs) and the babies I bought from LiveAquaria. I had never seen fish lice before in over 20 years of fish keeping and thought the babies were showing ammonia burns despite no heightened ammonia level. I found out after I saw one on my giant goldfish and it MOVED. THEY KILLED MY GOLDFISH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THEY LIED WHEN I TOLD THEM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THEY WOULD NOT EVEN HAVE THE COURTESY TO REFUND MY MOST RECENT ORDER LET ALONE RECOGNIZE MY GRIEF AT THE LOSS OF MY BEAUTIFUL FRIENDS. CRUEL, HATEFUL, IRRESPONSIBLE.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts