Aquarium Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone, I'm Longtail. I'm a 33, live in Seattle, and I'm owned by 3 rats, one dog, and my fish.

I'm a long time fish keeper, but not terribly knowledgeable on very much. My area of expertise is bettas, and that's pretty much it. I've had them since I was young. I currently own a stunning white Delta tail named Lord Gabriel Humperdink, Grand Duke of the Tank at the End of the Counter. He lives quite happily by himself in a 1.5 gal. at...where else, the end of the counter! My bettas tend to live to the age of 4 on average. I did have one make it to 5!

I also have a 10 gal. tank of recently inherited fish from a friend who had them in her office, but was forced to give them up when her company was bought out and they have a no pets policy. Faced with nobody to take them, I took them and I'm trying to figure out how to be a good keeper to them. So now I have a pretty 6" blue gourami male that has some pretty amazing stripes. His name is Tigger. And a 9" Plecostamus named Leon who is the ANGRY SUCKERFISH FROM HELL. This fish scares the crap out of me every time I try to clean the tank. o_O

They share a tank with Mai Tai, a single, completely spazzy, happy, bright orange guppy male.

In my 5 gal. quarantine tank I currently have the Guppy Guys, 6 pals for Mai Tai I've picked up a couple days ago since all of his friends have died on me. Unfortunately, one is dying right now and I don't know what to do. I'm having the worst luck with guppies dying from stress and I can't figure out what to do for that. You can check my thread in the freshwater diseases section if you have any advice!

Anyway, hello, and very glad to meet you all!

·
Registered
6,072 Posts
Hello. Have a great day.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts