Aquarium Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im somewhat new to fish keeping. Ive had goldfish in the past, but nothing like the path im on now. Im starting small 10 or 20 gal. and will build from there. I havent purchased a tank yet, but Im thinking about an Eclipse 12 kit. Everything ive read it would be a good starting point. Im open for suggestions. Thanks

·
Registered
89 Posts
that tank is great to start off with. i myself am new with fish keeping like yourself. but i plan on upgrading from a 20g(gallon) to a 55g or bigger tank.

welcome, nonetheless.

·
Registered
53 Posts
I am new to fish keeping as well. I started with a 20 gal like 1 1/2 weeks ago and already want a bigger tank. That being said, it was really easy to set up and my fish seem to be doing great. If I were you I would go as big as you can afford to set up and maintain. It will save you the hassle of upgrading and no matter what size you start with all the same steps have to be taken to prepare the tank for fish, cycling ect. Hope it helps.

·
Registered
307 Posts
Welcome to the forum!

The bigger tank you can afford the better for beginners, because more water will mean the tank is more forgiving if you do something wrong. It'll dilute the problem.

Of course you got to do TONS of research!!!! I cannot stress how this has saved me many times, and my tank is just a month old! Doing the proper research will prevent accidents and incidents from the beginning *w3

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
Welcome to the site!

·
Registered
6,072 Posts
Just stoping by to say HI.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts