Aquarium Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi, im new to the aquarium thing, even though my father has had one for a long time. figured i would join to look at others tanks get fish advice and just see if anyone could help if i had problems.
*w3

·
Registered
724 Posts
Welcome to the forum! Please feel free to ask as many questions as you like and we'll do our best to help

·
Registered
307 Posts
Welcome! You will find great advice here! I've been a member for a couple weeks now and am grateful for all the help! Ask away *w2

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ahh well.... problem number one. i sat down last night to take pictures of my fish to post on here and i could only find six fish. and well to my disapointment my RTBS died. i found him pinned under my air stone. it upsets me because i have no reason why. tested my ammonia and it was 0 tested my ph and it was 7.2 could it have been stress he was only in the tank for 2 days. water temp is 81

·
Registered
2,257 Posts
Welcome to the addiction.

the shark might have gotten stuck, they do burrow or atleast rummage thru, maybe chased food in there? what other fish are in there?

rtbs get good sized and get a temper usually as they get older.

ammonia the fish would be panting at the surface for air.

give us a run-down of the tank,equipment as in filters,heaters ect and water parameters, all of em not just Ph and ammonia. It will help us help you much better.

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
Welcome to the site!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
he was stuck beneath the air stone but could that have killed it. i have a aqua clear 50 filter and a 200 watt neptune heater. all of my fish that i have in their are listed in my signature. i have heard they are aggressive but it seems to get along with all of them pretty well. the most aggressive are the skirted tetras. the shop guy told me that if the amonia is good then everything else should be good.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts