Aquarium Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
dankest chef u wont meet
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, my name is brian and I live in Lawrence, KS. I just recently bought a 36 gallon reef setup. I let my tank cycle with live rock for about three weeks while I kept my fish in quarantine. My fish had been doing great until about 3 days ago when all but one of them started to become very lethargic and eventually dying. My corals and anemones are thriving and so is my cowfish, but I've lost a mandarin dragonet, convict tang, 3 pink skunk clownfish, 2 hermit crab, and a peppermint shrimp all in the last few days. I've checked all my pH, nitrate, nitrite, ammonia, calcium, water hardness, and everything else in my test kit. I've taken water samples to the pet store to have them checked and everything was fine. Does anyone have any suggestions as to what I could be doing wrong?

·
Pleco n bn breeder n BOSS
7,685 Posts
Welcome to the site. I can't help with that question, but I am sure one of our expert salt people will be along before to long.

They will want to know everything about the quarantine tank, like size. and all the other numbers. Not just saying everything is fine with water as that isn't telling them anything.

·
Goodwill Ambassador
614 Posts
Welcome to the forum first of all...maybe you were overcrowding them in the q tank??

Reactions: ltownsalty

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
Welcome to the site!
It was probably overcrowding in the quarantine, and overcrowding the tank. Puffers and allies, such as Cowfish are exceptionately hardy and all of your others are not, and the mandarin dragonette is VERY delicate. It could have also easily been a disease.

Reactions: ltownsalty
1 - 5 of 5 Posts