Aquarium Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

Thought I'd say hello. I'm twenty-four, a part-time model and full-time nerd, which makes me both a walking dichotomy and an IT business owner.

As of two weeks ago, I'm a new aquarist, slowly learning the ropes. Starting out with one young fantail and a two-gallon aquarium, I realized my mistake, switched to a temporary six-gallon tank, and added another fantail.

My current projects are hunting out a larger, permanent tank; trying my hand at growing something other than plastic plants; and trying to cycle my tank in a fish-friendly way.

fry84

·
Registered
250 Posts
Welcome aboard! Glad to have you here. Sure you will find there are tons of friendly folks here will to help you in any way they can!

:welcome:

Reactions: orion and fry84

·
Goodwill Ambassador
614 Posts
hello and welcome to the forum

Reactions: orion and fry84

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you, all! :)

I'm thinking of a 36-40 gallon tank, or a trio of 20 gallon tanks. It's very tentative, as my knowledge of all things aquatic is rudimentary at best, but sufficient enough to appreciate the variables. We shall see...

·
Banned
1,148 Posts
*w2 to the forum, hope you enjoy the time you spend here as much as we do.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thank you, Jim!

My fantails thank you, too. With a newbie owner like me, they likely owe their lives to the members of this forum. :)

·
Banned
1,323 Posts
Thanks for joining us and welcome to the site.

Rose
:)

Reactions: fry84

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I'm not planning on adding any fish to this tank; my only plans are to upgrade tanks.

I do like bowfronts. I don't have a Petsmart near me, but I'll take a look at their website. Thanks for the tip!

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Mermaid, thank you! :) It is a tad overwhelming, but I'm really enjoying every part of the process. Amazing how quickly this hobby becomes fascinating and addictive. :) Btw, love your avatar!

Phil, thank you very much! I really appreciate how friendly everyone is here, how much you all care about fish, and how ready you all seem to be in offering even the most basic advice to newbies like me. :)

1 - 20 of 20 Posts