Aquarium Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm nineteen years old and have kept fish since I won a goldfish at the fair when I was probably ten. I've always loved having a fish tank in my room but unfortunately never got serious about keeping fish as a hobby. I currently have a 20 gallon tank that has two Platy's and a silver tipped tetra in it. It used to have many more fish in it but they've been getting old and over the past year I haven't been replacing fish that die because I haven't been around due to college(My family takes care of the tank while I'm gone). I'm getting ready to start my Sophomore year in college though and I'm renting a house I'll be living in for the next couple years and would like to establish a tank so I decided its about time I got serious and knowledgeable about aquarium life has a hobby.

·
Aquarium Fanatic
1,267 Posts
:welcome: Sounds like our fish keeping started about the same way. Glad to have you join us there are many people who will be happy to help you with anything they can including myself. Just let us know how we can help. I'm about to go back to college myself im just glad i get to stay with my tanks.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I had a tank in my dorm room and then in a house I lived in with some friends during college ( 20 years ago now) - It helped in those late night study sessions = 5 minute breaks to watch the tank and then go back to the books. I have never been without a tank since the day I moved out of the parents place for the first time.

·
Banned
1,323 Posts
Welcome and thank you for joining us.

Rose

·
New Member Manager
689 Posts
Great to see you on the forums.

What make aquariums and fish different from cats and dogs is that they they communicate with you in a much different way. Thats why I love watching my fish each and every day - to learn from them and they are the true ones who teach me something new almost daily.

It really is a fun hobby. Glad to see that you have the passion in you. :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts