Aquarium Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Pleco n bn breeder n BOSS
7,685 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been posting a couple of days now on the forums and guess I should introduce myself.

My name is Susan and I have been keeping and breeding fish for 25 to 30 years. I have 12 tanks running at the moment, with 3 more sitting on my back porch. (just moved to a new house) and will be getting 6 more tanks with rack next month.

I Keep and breed
Endlers livebearers
blonde endlers
Bristlenose plecs (have 33 of them) and getting 4 starlights tomorrow
7 species of cories
Pair of angels
P. Nicholsi
betta pictas
Telmatochromis sp. 'Red Cheek'
Cherry shrimp
green shrimp

Most of my tanks are planted, except for the tank being setup for the ruby greens and yellow labs. I also have 2 tanks that are my plant growout tanks.
Hope to help here on the forum and hope to learn new things also.

·
7,685 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
So far the breeding has been good around here, got one batch of bn fry. 2 more batches waiting to hatch. My starlights came in today, all DOA, which is bad since it was suppose to be overnight delivery and ended up to being 48 hours.

·
Registered
66 Posts
WELCOME!!!

ok, dumb question, what are betta pictas? different from splendens?

and....would love to see pics of your tanks and fishies!!

looking forward to getting to know you!:D

·
7,685 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
WELCOME!!!

ok, dumb question, what are betta pictas? different from splendens?

and....would love to see pics of your tanks and fishies!!

looking forward to getting to know you!:D
Theres not a dumb question in this hobby! A betta picta is a wild betta that is also a mouth brooder. The male still takes care of the eggs and fry but holds them in his mouth instead of in a bubble nest.

Here is a bad pic of the pair.

·
Goodwill Ambassador
377 Posts
Beautiful tanks and lovely plants. You certainly have a talent for design and aqua-gardening. Thank you for sharing and welcome!

·
Banned
1,323 Posts
Yes, welcome and thanks for sharing the pictures. You are the second person that I have seen who had the pipe with gravel coating it for a cave arrangement. I have always loved that idea.

·
7,685 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thanks for the compliments. The pipe in that tank is the only one that has the gravel on it. I have pipes in the bns tanks with nothing on them.

Not really much for aquascaping just planting and letting them grow, trim and stick in another tank. At one time I had so many plants in the 75 that I didn't run a filter on it for almost 2 years.

I'll find that pic and post it.

·
Banned
1,323 Posts
WOW is all I can say and thanks for sharing.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts