Aquarium Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
321 Posts
I have a cichlid and I don't know what's wrong with it wonder if anybody could help me out View attachment 32239
Hi, there!😃 nice to meet you..
Aawww.., I'm sorry; geez, poor little guy...
What type of cichlid, please?
It looks like lymphocytes... It's caused from stress... Is he in a solo tank? It's like "fish herpes", a virus that you can't meditate but is super-duper contagious though. You will need to put him into a "hospital" tank and you can treat with aquarium salt and supposedly it should go away in within a week...

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
he's a ob peacock right now he's inside his main tank I did have him in the hospital tank with salt but I felt bad for him I didn't want the salt to irritate him his left eye is gone also I thank the tumor poped it out

·
Pleco n bn breeder n BOSS
7,924 Posts
Did you get your nitrites and nitrates mixed up. If not your nitrites are way to high, but I suspect your numbers are switched. You need to bring that number down through water changes, nitrites should be 0 if we're that high your fish would be dead. Nitrates should be down to at least 40. A few major water changes should help, 50% water change should bring it down to 80 then another 50% the next day should bring it to 40.

·
Registered
321 Posts
he's a ob peacock right now he's inside his main tank I did have him in the hospital tank with salt but I felt bad for him I didn't want the salt to irritate him his left eye is gone also I thank the tumor poped it out
Hi!😃
This is what I thought he was... I have Blue Mooris/ Dolphin Cichlids, Jeweled Cichlids and Black Convicts right now. I also had Peacocks, beautiful ones but they committed "suicide", unfortunately...long, sad story...😞😞😞
Anyways, hon, how long did you have him in the salt water for? If he isn't in a home by hisself... I understand but...
Susan says the nitrates are too high...you could immediately use Seachem Safe or Seachem Prime!! This will bring it down immediately! After you do like a 50 percent water change. We live by Seachem. Also, Seachem carries salt for all the lakes that these wonderful babies come from!😃 with ph buffers! Just think about it for it puts them in their own "water" that they come from; you see? Do it slowly if you decide to do this and I promise that things such as this will cease.
I understand, Susan, how you feel about using chemicals and respect this and the keeper SHOULD DO THEIR WATER CHANGES!! Definitely and I do every week but sometimes the chemicals do help out a lot.
Aawww that poor baby, I didn't know his eye is gone
Please tell me what you are housing him with..

·
Registered
321 Posts
Hi!😃
This is what I thought he was... I have Blue Mooris/ Dolphin Cichlids, Jeweled Cichlids and Black Convicts right now. I also had Peacocks, beautiful ones but they committed "suicide", unfortunately...long, sad story...😞😞😞
Anyways, hon, how long did you have him in the salt water for? If he isn't in a home by hisself... I understand but...
Susan says the nitrates are too high...you could immediately use Seachem Safe or Seachem Prime!! This will bring it down immediately! After you do like a 50 percent water change. We live by Seachem. Also, Seachem carries salt for all the lakes that these wonderful babies come from!😃 with ph buffers! Just think about it for it puts them in their own "water" that they come from; you see? Do it slowly if you decide to do this and I promise that things such as this will cease.
I understand, Susan, how you feel about using chemicals and respect this and the keeper SHOULD DO THEIR WATER CHANGES!! Definitely and I do every week but sometimes the chemicals do help out a lot.
Hi...also, you don't need a master kit. You can buy them separately if this will help financially??

·
Registered
321 Posts
he's with a dragon blood a convict and a Severum and a upside down catfish
Hi...
So, you have 5 babies then? The tank size? Do the other babies seem healthy?
You think that he lost his poor eye from this "tumor" then? Aawww...
Do you have a lot of plants in the tank? Because I know how any kinds of Cichlids just love their plants for hiding and if stress is making them ill, I figured they just need to be able to unstress some way then they won't get sick; you know?😃

·
Pleco n bn breeder n BOSS
7,924 Posts
Hi!😃
I use safe with water changes, but you are wrong that it lowers nitrates,only water changes does, safe and prime removes chlorine and chloroquine from your water. Best bet is a master kit as it's cheaper than buying each separately.

In 50 years of keeping fish I have always used something to remove chlorine except when I was on a well. I don't like using most chemicals as they can be harmful to fish.
Clarifyers that bind particles to make water clear can also bind too fishes gills..
I'll stop here as I can write a book on this.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts