Aquarium Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

My name is Michael and I recently stole a 90 Gal aquarium complete with stand, canopy, lights, rocks, air pump, etc... and an Eheim Pro II 2028 canister filter from Craigslist for $260.00. How could I pass that up ?

Recently, I also completed a 5400 gal pond that has been up and running since Nov 8, ’09. I have a few finishing touches to add before I will be happy with it though.

I have had many salt and freshwater aquariums in the past as large as 180 gal. I am now deciding on what to do with this 90 gal setup. FW or SW, Cichlids or ? ? ?

I have never had Cichlids and am thinking of a Lake Malawi tank. Any input is greatly appreciated. I know this is the intro page so I will post a thread in the appropriate section soon.

I am also in the process of DIY'ing a wet/dry trickle filter to work in conjunction with my Eheim for filtration overload, if possible.

Thanks for the great forum and I plan on learning a lot and sharing what I can.

·
Reefer
213 Posts
Hi mike, and welcome. Sounds like your are bringing a ton of knowledge to the table. I hope to read more of your threads in the future.

As for my .02 I say you jump into the reef trade with that 90g :) tons of exciting colors... However I have seen a ton of really nice cichlid tanks around here.

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
Welcome to the site! I say lake tanganyka cichlids!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts