Aquarium Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have just taken the plunge and ordered a Jewel 260 vision set-up. Presently waiting delivery, so reading some books at the moment.
The Jewel website says it is all complete, but when one reads the books there is a lot of extra gear they talk about which is supposed to be good - eg extra lighting, filters, CO2 pumps etc. Oh dear! Guess I will just have to start with the basic and see how I get along.

·
Goodwill Ambassador
614 Posts
260 gallon???that is huge if thats what you are talking about...anyway welcome to the site

·
Registered
250 Posts
First of all!

:welcome:

Now to clear up 260 liters is about 68 US Gallons. Closest is prob a 72g bowfront in the USA.

So I was looking at the site, and I assume you meant Juwel Aquariums right? Reading about their filtration system was a bit like complicated stereo instructions....but it basic seems like some sort of integrated "canister like" filter.

So, before I go any further why not ask the important question about what type of fish / aquarium you intend to keep?

Lastly, take a deep breath. You have found a place with great people that are willing to help you all you need, and you WILL be successful.:):):)

Reactions: KEITH THOMPSON

·
Banned
1,323 Posts
Take your time and it will come to you as you go along. Thanks for joining us and welcome to the forum.

Rose
:)

·
Banned
1,148 Posts
*w2 aboard, and were all happy you are able to have such a nice piece of equipment. Please keep us informed as you put it together, and start to stock, and hopefully you will show us some pics, as you go along. A new set up from the ground up is always exciting for everyone.

·
Registered
724 Posts
Welcome to the forum! Can't wait to hear what kind of thank this is going to be :):fingers crossed for marine::) I guess I'm a little biased. Please let us know if there's anything we can help you out with. And have fun!

·
Banned
3,683 Posts
welcome

1 - 12 of 12 Posts