Aquarium Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all.
I just joined last night. Even though I live in the desert, it doesn't mean I cant have my littlle peice of the ocean.
I have 2 tanks that are set up as a full reef. One is a 65g that has been up and running for over 6 years. And my 225g that just turned 3 years old last month.
I'm currently an active member of our local club, Wasatch Marine aquarium society. Or Utahreefs.com. Also a member of RC and R2R.
Hope to have a fun time here.

·
Banned
1,323 Posts
Thanks for joining us and the "little pieces of the ocean" sound wonderful so we can hardly wait for pictures! We do love pictures.

Welcome to the site and it is my hope you will love it here as much as I do.

Rose

·
Registered
278 Posts
*w2

Welcome aboard Brad! Great to have you here with us. I havent been on the :)forum there in years. Hope you find us just as informative and just as welcoming. You will have to be sure and share a lot with us!

·
Goodwill Ambassador
614 Posts
welcome to the site and be sure to post pics of your tanks

V

·
0 Posts
welcome to the site! nice to see another utah guy on board ^_^

looks like some nice tanks you got there, thanks for sharing

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Most of my equipment is down below my tank. I do have a small room behind my tank in which my r/o unit is and where I keep my ballasts. and 35g drum for w/c's.
AP702 Deltec protein skimmer is the heart of the system.
PF601s Deltec calcium reactor
Koralin Denitrate reactor
Aquazone plus 100 ozone reactor
All controlled by Neptune ACIII
All of the equipment is gravity fed by a manifold underneath.
Lighting is a 72" Maristar fixture with 3 DE 14k pheonix halides and 4 39w T-5's actinic.
Circulation consists of 2 sequence darts, one for return and one on a closed loop.
2 Vortech MP40's
Total circulation estimated @ 12,000 GPH

·
Banned
1,148 Posts
*w2 Brad, We hope you enjoy the site as well, and invite all your members to join. We are always glad to see organizations such as yours join us because you have such a vast source of knowledge, all in one place, within your members and we here, at AquariumForum, are only about shareing the knowledge to enable us to become better keepers of Fish.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts