Aquarium Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What a great site. So much information. Thanks Everyone. I've signed on to get ideas about what camera model/lens you guys like for taking pics of your tanks. I currently have a 125gal FOWLR and a 45 gal. column - also FOWLR tank. Thanks for all your help in advance!
Modell

·
Premium Member
3,108 Posts
Welcome aboard Modell, thanks for taking the time to join and make an intro post, we appreciate that very much.
As for cameras, you'll want one that lets you adjust the white balance easily as that is definitely something that causes a lot of headaches when taking pics under those intense actinic blue spectrums. And it should also allow you to take some super macro shots. I am in the same boat as you, in need of a great camera, so I'm looking forward to the other replies this thread hopefully gets. If it's a weak response, perhaps consider creating another thread with a descriptive title so it stands out and attracts attention from those of our members who know about reef aquarium photography.
Well.. again, welcome aboard.. and hope you enjoy your stay.

·
Pleco n bn breeder n BOSS
7,685 Posts
Welcome to the site. I love the looks of salt tanks but I only do freshwater.
Also when looking at cameras decide whether you want to be able to do manual settings or if you just want a point and shoot. I have a sony that will do both. but am wanting a new camera as I want the canon rebel 3 that also has additional lenses you can purchase.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for teh replies folks! Hey Shotgun, I work in Baltimore. Some big hospital that happens to be located in E. B'More....

·
Registered
6,072 Posts
Welcome to the forum. It is nice to have you here with us. Have a great day.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts