Aquarium Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I have been raising & taking care of fish for about 1 year now.

I have recently purchased a Tetra 10 Deluxe Aquarium Kit. I also have 1 other tank, a Tetra 5 Mini Bow. I also have 1 bowl.

In our Tetra 10, I keep: 1 Oscar(2.5in baby red tiger oscar), Ralph the Plecostomus(8in adult Hypostomus plecostomus), and a few ghost shrimp.

In the Tetra 5, I keep: about 10 feeder guppies, a small hypostomus plecostomus (2.5in), an orange & black colored molly(2in.), a black & silver angel(4in. up & down, 2in. across), an african dwarf frog, and one ghost shrimp.

In the bowl, I keep a red male betta(2 in), along with one male guppy.

I know our Tetra 5 has a few too many fish in it at the moment, and I am planning on thinning out the amount of fish when we can afford to. I don't believe any of the fish in the Tetra 5 would play well with our O, as I discovered with a test guppy, & I'm too attached to the molly & angel to even risk it.

I hope to get a few questions answered, as well as keep my fish happy, healthy, and brightly colored.

Looking forward to talking with all of you!

·
Pleco n bn breeder n BOSS
7,685 Posts
That was a rude welcome.

One of those people that probably does know more than you as I have kept fish for 30 years.

Welcome to the site. I'm sure you will learn a lot here. Is that a 10 gal that you have the oscar and pleco in? I hope you have plans on upgrading to at least a 55 gal as that is the minimum one of those babies will thrive in as the oscar will get to 12 inches and I gave away a pleco that had reached 14 inches.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I didn't mean that in a rude way, I've just seen how people can give negative and condescending advice instead of positive advice. We should all be a big family here and give positive reinforcement!

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
Welcome to the site! Yes u definetely need to upgrade-An oscar AND a pleco in an itsy- bitsy 10gallon? Uh-Oh! As susankat, said a 55 gal minmum for those fish. and a nice fluval canister rated 1 size bigger or 2 sizes bigger.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts