Aquarium Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello from the Bluegrass State of Kentucky. I have two tanks, a 30 gallon, and just got a 55 gallon. I have two gold fish in the 30 gallon, and I'm just getting started on the 55 gallon. Not sure yet what I'm going to put in the larger tank. Would you guys recommend filling the tank with tap water and treating it, or buying distilled water? Thanks.

·
Banned
3,683 Posts
welcome

FWIW I fill my tanks with tap water and don't treat. But then the tanks are heavily planted.

my .02

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
Welcome to the site! I suggest treated tap water over distilled water because distilled water has ALL the minerals and natural substances out, but with treated tap water you just treat the water and you still have some of the good substances in.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for all the replys. I filled it up with tap water and treated it with AquaSafe. It looks good, haven't tested the water yet. Gonna let it cycle for a couple of days. Plan to put fish in this weekend.

·
discus_dude
215 Posts
hello and welcome to our forum..i prefer not to use distilled water because it has no minerals which is necessary for growth of fish...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts