Aquarium Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all new to the forums. My name is Chris I am a college student in Orlando, FL with Miami, FL being where I was born and raised. I took up the aquariums hobby seriously about a year ago and I currently have a 29g Planted Tank and a 2.5g Betta Tank.

I will also be setting up a smaller 10g planted in my apartment in Orlando within the next couple of months.

Looking forward to getting a sharing some great information on the site.

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
Welcome to the site!

Reactions: Joey

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Currently plant wise I have an amazon sword, some java fern, corkscrew vals, crypt wendttii, and cardinal plant. Fish wise there are currently 6 neon tetras, a dwarf gourami, 2 apple snails, and 3 ghost shrimp.

There are plans to add another school of 6 different tetras, 3 albino cories, and an angel fish into the tank in the future.

·
Banned
1,323 Posts
Two Apple Snails will soon give you 2000 Apple Snails. Any time you have more than one you have the prospects of many. The angel and gourami will fight for territory so I would not mix them. One or the other will want to be king of the tank since you already have the gourami I think the choice is made. By the time you get the Albino cories and the Serpae tetras or another type of tetras in there the tank will be full anyway. I fully approve of the seperate tank for the betta and 2.5 gallon while small is adequate for a heater and filter so is fine.

If you decide you absolutely have to have both the angel and gourami you can move the gourami to the 10 gallon later and let the angel have the 29 gallon but be aware that it is going to be crowded in there with all the other fish and cranky. You could also move one of the Apple Snails to the 10 gallon to avoid the prospect of having baby snails.

Welcome and thanks for joining.

Rose
:betta:

Reactions: Joey
1 - 8 of 8 Posts