Aquarium Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello everyone, ive been posting here for a little while now so i figured i should introduce myself. Ive been into my fish and fishtanks for about 3 years now. i had always wanted one but was never able to afford it. I probably still wouldnt have one if it wasnt for my neighbor bringing his first bundle of joy into the world. he didnt have time for the hobby anymore so he simply gave me everything he had, and ive been into it ever since. his loss is my gain *h/b. anyway, see you all around the forums.

·
Banned
1,148 Posts
*w2 to the Forum, a little late obviously, we encourage all new members to post an intro, and you must have slipped past my New Member manager

We're certainly glad you're here
Shotgun

·
Banned
1,323 Posts
I would say you ended up much richer for his loss. Thank you for joining us and welcome to the site.

Rose
:)

Reactions: Joey and JIM

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well here's a late welcome. What part of California are you in. I lived in several places out there for quite awhile.

Hope to see some pics soon going into the gallery.
im in northern california, im pretty much on the Delta. i was actually thinking about putting together a delta tank with natural fish from it. the stripers out here can be very beautiful. and i could get one of those ornaments that looks like a beat up car to put at the bottom. *r2 anyway, thanks for the welcome everybody!

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
Welcome to the site!

·
Registered
143 Posts
A little late, but WELCOME anyway :) And I would like to look at those beautiful strippers, oh I mean stripers.....LOL (I hope that was catagorized under "a clean joke")

I am moving to CA soon, I hope. To So Cal. About 1 or 2 hours away from L.A. Hopefully by the end of the year.

·
Registered
371 Posts
I'm probally VERY late but WELCOME!!!,Dont worry about being late I never posted a im new thread! hehehehehehheehehhehe!

·
New Member Manager
689 Posts
Thats not funny JIM! lol. There are so many people constantly joining here, that its almost impossible to cater to all of them!

But hey! Welcome to the site! or atleast a late welcome for that sake! I am sorry that I didnt get around to you. There are so many people and the forum is seeming to get bigger and bigger with each passing day! So what kind of fish do you have in your tank? If you have the time, I encourage you to post some pictures of you tank! They certainly are appreciated! Posting pictures to you OWN personal photo gallary is so easy.

On the top of your screen, press upload photos. Then, click browse inorder to find a picture of your fish or whatever you have on your computer. After doing that, press Upload/Submit. Wait a seccond, and when the next window pops up, press process. This processes your picture and finializes your upload to the photo gallary. Thats it! Easy as that. It is a great place to see everyone's fish tank setups, corals, fish, and anything else fish related! Once again, late welcome to the site! and I hope you find this site as helpfull as all of us do!

Shotgun

·
Banned
1,148 Posts
I thought it was funny We are at almost 3200 members and getting bigger as we speak, WoooHooo, word gets around when you're the best. You're doing a great job Shotgun, keep up the good work.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
*n1*n1

Welcome, from another Californian.
I am a bit North of you....
very cool, can you recommend any LFS' by name and city?

·
Registered
133 Posts
I will use only one fish store in my immediate area, it's in Nevada City, called "Incredible Pets".
The reason I use it is because the manager, this guy named Mike, knows more about fish than the fish. He's picky about his stock, makes good recommendations, and isn't after making a quick sale to people who don't know fish. He has been guiding me through all my tank problems, and even tells me "no!" when I am wanting something not good for my tank.
Without him, my tank would be an overstocked, green mess, probably.
They have both fresh and salt water everything there, too, despite being a "general" pet store...
If Mike left, I might have to follow him....

1 - 16 of 16 Posts