Aquarium Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I'm Dave, and I'm an aquariholic. I've tried to stop many times but just can't seem to kick the habit. There's something about the sites and sounds of a well kept aquarium that keeps me coming back for more.

Currently I spend my time trying to convince my 8" Oscar (Jack) that he is not a dog. He fetches ping pong balls and likes me to pet him when I vacuum the tank. Jack spends most of his time hanging out with a male 4.5" Convict named Frick. Frick's wife (Frack) had to be moved to a new home. They would have babies every few weeks and really beat the hell out of Jack when he tried to play with the kids.

Another tank holds the latest offspring of Frick and Frack. Over 50 1" convicts. Hopefully I will find homes for them soon.

The small 20 gallon community tank holds the typical livebearer setup. 5 guppys, 3 platys, 2 mollies and 2 ruby reds that my 7 year old saved from Jack.

I've come here for a little support and for ideas for yet another tank. I am not sure what I want to do with it other then big, with a clean, dark background and bright fish. I look forward to getting to know you all.

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
Welcome, If your up for a challenge and something IMO requires a litlle more work but the pay off is great. Try a planted, the design aspect, the research, the purchasing of plants is a challenge in it self, Its kind of like finding that Picasso at garage sale prices. Then there the science of lighting and ferts oxygen and CO2, the maintence of grooming. larger tanks can have schools of fish. Fish selection by choosing the right fish you can have them work for you, in form of algea controll,snail control. But the relaxing part is the work, and then just watching the world you made.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I've actually been thinking about doing a planted tank for quite a while. All my tanks have some live plants, but in small amounts. Most of the fish I have like to dig so I haven't put a lot of effort into plants. I may go that route with my livebearer tank. They shouldn't disturb things too much.

·
Registered
6,072 Posts
Hi Dave. Welcome to the forum. It is nice having you here with us all. Have fun posting. Lots of cool people on the forum.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts