Aquarium Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,
I am totally new to the fish keeping world. It definitely appeals to the scientist in me. I got a 20 gal high tank for christmas. Actually 1 week before from my boyfriend. I cycled it and now have what seem to be happy fish. I have already learned a few lessons. Never take the shop keepers word (or lack there of). Patience is key, and always do lots of research before bringing a fish home. I started with a betta and LOVE him. I must say I already want a bigger tank. I think I will give it a while though. At the moment I have:
3 Emerald Cory Cats
2 Opaline Gouramis
2 Sunburst Gouramis
1 Horse faced loach
1 Knight Goby
1 Bush nose pleco
1 baby fancy guppy (accidentally came with another fish)

I have a few concerns. After reading up on my Goby I have found that he is a brackish creature. Aparently this is an issue many other people have run into. Is there anyway to make him more comfortable. I have been looking through a lot of fish forums and there are some who do keep them in all freshwater. Is this crule? He is thus far my favorite and most interesting fish.

Whats the deal with aquarium salt? Is it good for every tank?

I have Very soft water. It tests at 0. Is there any way to up this?

Thanks for any input!

·
Registered
28 Posts
Welcome to the forum, i am in the same boet as you, i started with a 10 gal, and 2 weeks later bought a 45 gal, and within a month of that had a 55 gal. Now i am looking at building a 240 gal with a sump.

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
Welcome to the site!

Reactions: Nightshade

·
Registered
6,072 Posts
Just stoping by to say HI.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts