Aquarium Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just joined and live in west virginia. I am president and founder of The Cause Inc a non-profit org. Our mission is educate the public about aquarium keeping, and provide aquarium items to disabled, the elderly, the low income individuals throughout the United States. We also place aquariums in local schools. I look forward to meeting everyone.
wilma

·
Banned
1,148 Posts
Welcome. You're our newest member,And were glad to see you, Please make yourself at home :)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yes, we love what we are doing and last week we placed a 12 gallon nano tank for the 2nd grade class St. Agatha school in Milton, Ma. The kids are loving it. We do this without any charge to schools and raise the funds needed to buy the tanks. We believe it is important for children to have the exposure to aquariums and it is a great way for them to learn responsiilty of pet keeping.
wilma

·
Goodwill Ambassador
377 Posts
Welcome! I'm all for the cause of helping low income, disabled and children benefit from the therapeutic value of aquariums.

·
Banned
1,323 Posts
As a former nurse I know that we saw the benefits of aquariums in the treatment of disabled children and seniors in residential homes and hospitals. They calmed those in pain and made them heal faster. I am very interested in the work you are doing.

Thank you for joining us.

Rose
:betta:

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
To everyone thank you and yes I know from many years of helping others, just how aquariums can be a great benefit to those who are ill. I had a stroke when I was 42 years old. I was very lucky, some speech impairment and my righ side, especially my right arm was left partially paralized. A few months after the stroke, my 12 year-old granddaughter talked me into getting an aquarium, because she had seen on TV that this could help people who had high blood pressure. One aquarium led to several and as I learned and loved this field, and realized how much it had helped me, I decided to try and help others. This is how my program came about. After years of doing this out of pocket expense and as the request for help grew, I soon realized, I would need to go non-profit, so that I could raise the money to enhance my program.
wilma

1 - 13 of 13 Posts