Aquarium Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone! Just another newbie here :eek:)

My name's Jessie. :) I have had several fish over the years when I was a child, a handful of bettas, and some goldfish and maybe some tropicals when I was very young and inexperienced, EEK!

My current aquarium residents are 3 comet goldfish. I acquired them about a year ago from a carnival at the mall where I work. I begged and begged my fiance to let me win a fishie, and we ended up with 3! Little did I know how expensive my 5 dollar fish would become! Anyways, I must dare say I am completely infatuated with my wet pets <3 they are so cute and I love to watch them swim and play.

I recently realized that my 10 gallon tank is way too small for them now that they have grown. I stumbled upon this forum researching fishy advice. I am hoping to upgrade to a new tank sometime in the next few weeks, right now I am looking at a 29 gallon or 39-45 gallon tank, depending on price. I would love love a 55 gallon tank but I have not been able to locate one so far which fits on the stand I am using which is 36" across.

I am very excited about redoing my tank and upgrading my wet pets from condo to mini mansion! :eek:) I went with the neon-glow setup my first time around, and my poor fish have to wear sunglasses from the neon. This time I am hoping to go for a more natural setup! I would love to try my hand at live plants but I heard goldies do not do well with them. Insight?? :fish9: So I guess I may be leaning towards a wide variety of artifical plants that look more natural, along with maybe some fake corals and woods, and a more natural looking gravel.

I would love any advice or tips from everyone! I was also wondering what would be best as I upgrade in tank size, what should I do with the fish while I let the aquarium cycle for a couple of days*? :/ I don't really have the space to leave both set up side by side, so I am sort of at a loss what do do with my goldies while I prepare their new home.... :animated_fish_swimm

Thanks in advance for the responses, and I look forward to meeting you all! :fish10:

·
Registered
24 Posts
In my past experience comets can get very large and will eventually out grow the 29 Gal. I had one that survived a feeding and I had to put him in my parents pond. He was getting as big as a Small Koi

·
Pleco n bn breeder n BOSS
7,685 Posts
Hello and welcome to the site. I have a friend that has a planted tank with goldies, but she puts all her plants in pots. I'll have to find my pictures and upload them for you.

With 3 comets you will definately need a minimum of a 55 gal. Keep watch on craigslist and one will show up sometime.

·
Registered
6,072 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Nice to have you here.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts