Aquarium Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I am a 30 year old male in Mississipi who has been in love with the water since I can relmember. Guess igt runs in the blood seeing as how I am a Pisces haha. I got certified just as an open water diver in 2000, they just happened to be offering it as an elective at the University of Mississippi so I figured what a perfect opportunity. Although, I would love a saltwater tank I did not have the room to have the proper size tank nor the budget to afford it. I started out with a ten galllon tank about 18 months ago to learn about the upkeep. After finding out that it took more time and energy to keep the smaller tank clean, I finally decided to get a 30 gallon tank with the encouragement of a close friend fo mine from California. I have Carnivorous(and we will leave it at that) fish my tank has a Fluvall 205 canister filter now i Know some may say that is too much filter but my particular type of live in semi-fast rivers plus when i upgrade to a bigger tank depending on how big the upgrade is i will hopefully not have to buy i new canister because they can put a nice dent in the water.Anyway i look forward to reading the posts on here and can't wait or any feedbeck on in questions I might have. And remember i'm new at this so if I ask a dumb question go a ltlle easy.
Sincererly,
The New Guy

·
Registered
70 Posts
Welcome! What kind of carnivorous fish? Hope you enjoy yourself here!

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
Welcome to the site!
There is no such thing as overfiltering unless it starts eating up your fish!;)

·
Registered
117 Posts
Welcome to the forums! Good to see another Mississippian. I was born and raised in Jackson, although I'm currently living in Pennsylvania.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts