Aquarium Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone

I hope no one minds me posting here as I do not own a fish tank but I have a question that you may be able to help with.

My Daughter is in a school play and I got talked into helping with props.
We need a LOT of these

(edit) it seems I cant post a link till I have posted 5 times, as I dont want to clutter up your forums with 5 usless posts ill say this.

Please Google search "PETCO Jewel Gravel Accents in Red" to see what I need.

But we need them in all the colors and not just red.
As we need several hundred of each color I was hopeing that someone sold them in bulk. I have seen them in other stores beside Petco so I think another company makes them.

Any help would be great and thank you for reading.

·
Banned
1,323 Posts
Those links are for reference as I doubt you will want to order 10 pounds of each color, but you can go to home remodeling centers and inquire as to whether they have paving glass or glass gravel. It may fit your needs or you could call the manufacturer that I have listed and see if they will make you a price deal in exchange for some advertising. (NOT their suggestion but my own) If you have a problem with it being glass I will tell you that it is not sharp and I have used it in aquariums and would not use it with Tropical fish if they took the chance of being cut up.

Rose

·
Banned
1,148 Posts
Seems fish folks are just helpful, no matter of the topic, thank you Rose :)

·
Goodwill Ambassador
377 Posts
I believe those are an acryllic or plastic of some type. I have several colors of the 'ice' that used to be sold. They are pricey. Getting several hundred would probably be cost prohibitive. Perhaps the Dollar Store would have some plastic trinkets that would work.

·
Banned
1,323 Posts
No they sell it by the pound if you can find a place where it sells and it is actually not that much higher than the gravel if you buy good quality gravel. You get a lot of pieces in a pound and it is just like jewels. If they could find someone with a fair sized aquarium after the play it could be that they would be able to sell the stuff to them or someone who is doing craft type work, it is gorgeous. I know that some places sell plastic stuff and PETCO's product may be plastic, but the stuff I used was glass.

Rose

Reactions: fishfinder

·
Goodwill Ambassador
377 Posts
A great idea to resell it after the play Rose. I got the plastic because it is lightweight, and my bettas love to nose around in it looking for stray tubifex. Its easier for them to move it around, but helps to keep the detritus down.

Wish we had a place that sold in bulk where I live. I looked, but probably in the wrong places.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts