Aquarium Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey ya! Thought I'd introduce myself after browsing around a bit :D
Well I'm new to the site, and I suppose a relative newbie to the world of fish keeping. I've had fish when I was really young(about 6-8), mostly goldfish and some smaller fish caught at a local pond but got more into the larger animals for a while as I grew and didn't have any fish for a good 6 years or so.
About two years ago my dad brought home his 50 gallon tank that he'd had in his office after he left that job and it became a family tank, that when my interest was peeked a bit and I picked out a few mollies for the tank, but at that time I was too preoccupied with my hermit crabs to really get into it.
A little while later we moved and got rid of the ever growing mollie population to make room for three gouramis who terrorized the tank and pretty much ate every small fish we had^^; But the lived on for about a year before we moved again to our current house. Unable to find a place to put the 50 gallon tank, my dad gave it to me to put in my room and told me to do whatever I wanted with it. It was also him that suggested I go online and do a bunch of research, join a couple forums, ext. to learn more, hoping it was assist in getting me a job at a LPS.
Since then I've become fish obsessed! Along with my 50 gallon I've set up my old 20 gallon what used to be hermit crab tank as well and soon plan to set up a 10 gallon I have sitting in storage. I keep a few different kinds of fish, a bit of an oddball tank with an interesting little mix species. :)
The 20 gallon houses a very aggressive Demasoni whom my mom had picked out before I began my research, right after we moved in and gave away the Gouramis(leaving me with just a large Pleco and one surviving Tetra)and a Dwarf Pleco who was a gift from my Uncle along with the single surviving Tetra.

:eek: Oh my.....seems I might have written a bit much <.< Forgive me, I tend to go a little overboard wit this sort of stuff^^; If you happen to glance at the fist, no need to read ALL of that....
Anyway, I hope to learn a lot here and become part of the community, one day being knowledgeable enough to help out others :)
Thank you for your time^^

.....Oh, and I just LOVE this smily thing xD :dont_tap_the_glass:

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
Welcome to the site! Would love to see pics!

Reactions: Joey and JIM

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you so much!^^
I'm currently getting together a few of my favorite pics to upload. I'm an aspiring photographer and I find a wonderful challenge in photographing my fish, so I have quite a few....most not so wonderful, but some are alright ;)

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
x3 Thank you very much^^
I just tend to go a little overboard on my writing, once I start its hard to stop^^; I was afraid I'd already written a bit much, especially after reading a couple other intros...

·
Banned
1,323 Posts
Don't worry about long posts...I do it all the time.

Welcome and glad to have you with us.

Rose

Reactions: Joey and JIM

·
Banned
1,148 Posts
*w2 glad to have you, enjoyed your intro, and im thinkin you and Rose will become great friends, I personally enjoy the more expressive posts, especially on intros. Keep-em coming and enjoy the site.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts