Aquarium Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just a quick post to say Hi. New member as of today. Long time aquarium enthusiast here but new to the freshwater game. I have set up a few salt tanks years ago and 1 freshwater 55 gallon tank a few years back. After about 3 years of looking at an empty tank in the basement I decided to do some research and get back into having a tank.
My setup if the equipment still functions properly will be as follows, 55 gallon tank with an aqueon 55 filter, a marineland 550 powerhead going to give the black sand a try for substrate and have a dual theme tank using a shipwreck as a main scene and for the kids a spongebob accompany theme. Just got finished cleaning up most of the supplies that I will be testing out for function in the next few days. Hope all goes well and not in for replacing components for this project. Thanks for all the information here.

·
On the wild side
4,132 Posts
welcome aboard!!!

Reactions: AquariumE

·
Suffers from TMT syndrome
355 Posts
Welcome! Sounds like you have your ducks in a row already! :)

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Welcome!!!

Now.. Where are the Pictures!!! :D
LOL, no doubt everyone loves pictures these days. Unfortunately going to be a little bit of a wait, had a little setback on my equipment. My Filter that was going to be used had a crack in the housing as I was inspecting it, so had to order a new one in, so new filter and a fresh batch of new decorations and supplies are currently on their way. Should be at least set up and running by the middle of next month, hopefully.

Now, doing my fish research to see what all I can stock, may need to start a thread to get some help with stocking when it is setup and cycled.

Really, never had a RTS and for some reason their drawing me in, just need some help with compatibility and numbers. the Mrs. tells me we have to have angel fish so need to see what all is going to work for us. Kids can't wait.

Thanks to the member that posted the wonderful post on the fishless cycle, never have done this, always stocked with hardy fish and called it a day, going to try this method.

Thanks again, I will post updates as things come in and get setup.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
So this is what I have now. Just starting to get it set up and cycle started as of right now, lol now the wait. Going to need some input on what to stock this with when its time. Hope it looks nice.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts