Aquarium Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Goodwill Ambassador
614 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i dont know about you guys but i never bought a heater because instead of having to heat the water, i have to cool it down alot because it gets in the high 80's sometimes.

i wonder if there are any methods that are easier than getting a 64 oz. cup and freezing it and putting it back to cool down the water...

its because i live in south texas and the high is around 110 sometrimes and in the winter it rarely goes below 40 deg..

any comments or feedback would be awsome

:):)thank you

·
New Member Manager
689 Posts
so your trying to cool down the tank. ive been into that recently because my dad doesnt want me to run the airconditioning. it costs WAAAAYYYY too much. but this method works really good.

Take the top of of your aquarium and buy a mini fan. You can buy them at any old store for about $5.00 or so. clip it to the top of the tank and take off the hood. set the fan on high and let it sit there. dont put the fan on oscelate, just let it point in one direction towards the water.

I have done this method and have seen the temperature drop as low as 8-10 degrees. It works great.

·
Banned
1,323 Posts
I keep ziploc baggies full of water double bagged and ready all the time in the freezer. When it overheats one will float in the top of my tank without using water in my tank that I do not want to have in the tank water the outer layer can be removed when I want to and replaced and the inner bag can be refrozen to use over. I tried other methods but it was too difficult to control the amount of cooling and this way when it gets to the point I want it to stop all I have to do is pull the baggie.

Rose

·
Goodwill Ambassador
614 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yeha...i will try al;l of these methods and i want to thank everyone for their feedback

·
Goodwill Ambassador
614 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thak u all...im starting to use the water bottle method

1 - 6 of 6 Posts