Aquarium Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm not sure of the wattage of my biggest heater, but my roomies like to keep it cold at night. I think my biggest heater stopped working as wall so i added an on heater that came with a ten gallon setup not sure of its wattage either. But what's a good wattage to go with to keep a 30gal at about 82 degrees. I think that why the biggest one stopped working as well is because i had to keep it on high to maintain 82.

·
Registered
110 Posts
I have a 55 gallon tank and I use one that is 250 watts. My apartment is drafty as hell :( but the 250 keeps my Cichlid's toasty and happy. I'd say 150 watt heater should be fine for your 30 gallon.

·
Registered
170 Posts
I have a 55 gallon tank and I use one that is 250 watts. My apartment is drafty as hell :( but the 250 keeps my Cichlid's toasty and happy. I'd say 150 watt heater should be fine for your 30 gallon.
I agree & would also keep the 10 gallon one in the tank to. Set the 10 gallon heater about 5 degrees less then the larger heater. Then if the larger heater goes bad your temp will not fall lower then 5 degrees and you will now it is time for a new heater.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks,
yea my room is drafty as hell too. How long will it take for the temp to drop

1 - 5 of 5 Posts