Aquarium Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone,

I'm having a hard time feeding my elephant nose his blood worms. I've tried using a turkey baster but the tip on the end is so big that the worms seep out of it and i have to net them all up. I've also tried using a syringe but there just seems to be so much waste to clean up afterwards.
The little feeding cones work great for the angels, but the elephant nose...not so much. He doesn't come to the top at all really.
Has anyone got any tips for the live food?
I think i may try frozen food too (never used it) but i will still have the same problem--trying to get it to him.

thanks for your reply.
rhonda

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
Make sure you thaw out the froozen food real good before feed them, I use a medicine eye drop that came with the kids meds, when of course they finished with it. it seems to work will in give a little food at a time.

·
Registered
9 Posts
When I fed picky eaters, I'd thaw the blood worms in pretty warm water so when everything was thawed out, the worms were still warm. Everyone likes a warm meal :p

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm having the hardest time getting food to him. He doesn't really stop to eat like everyone else. He keeps moving--making his rounds so it takes him like 10 minutes to eat.
I think I found a good way to feed him and keep waste to a minimum. I place a plastic cup in the gravel on it's side so it doesn't move around and I inject the worms into the back of the cup. He seemed to get a full meal yesterday and he was able to do his 80 rounds and not have to share his food with the angels in the tank. Not only that, I don't have a bunch of blood worms burrowing in my tank and stinking the place up.

·
Registered
9 Posts
oooh! i didn't fully understand what you were saying, sorry. yeah, I've always used turkey basters, so I can't really think of much else. But what you're doing sounds like a great idea :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts