Aquarium Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Have you ever yelled at a petco person!?! If you have please tell me about it because I AM SO MADDDDDD AT THEM. FEEL FREE TO POST AS MANY TIMES AS YOU WANT I WANNA HEAR HOW PETCO AKA DEATHCO STINKSSSSSS!*#666*#666*#666*#666

Thank you for reading!:)

Oh

P.S.

The reason I am so mad is a few days ago I emailed a petstore and asked if they had any longnose gar online. The STUPID guy showed my a picture of a needlenose gar he said yes this is a longnose gar. I sent a email no that is a needlenose gar. They guy had a fit. HE SAID THAT HE DIDN'T HAVE TIME FOR THESE STUPID PRANKS!!! ITS NOT A PRANK I HATE PETSTORE EMAIL GUYZ*#666*#666*#666*#666*#666*#666*#666*#666*#666*#666*#666

Yhea they are kinda cool but I want the real deal (needlenose cars aren't really gars I have no idea what they are thanks tho). It kinda gets me mad that he lied.

·
Goodwill Ambassador
614 Posts
have you looked into needlenose gar???very cool fish and they are compatible with alot of stuff(as long as it doesnt fit in their mouth)

i am planning to get a couple of those after my tank finishes cycling(55 gal)

btw i havent yelled at anyone at the lfs but i was about to a couple of times

although they are very uneducational they are kind of cool becuz they get confused between an upside down catfish($17) and a corydora($3)lol

G

·
i just ignore the fish section of my petco and petsmart, it sickens me too see all those fish in such poor condition. i only ever go there now to get my dog groomed, since there the only decent place around that does that....

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
no. but i hate deathco, petstupid, and all the other horrid chain stores*y2*y2*y2*y2*y2*y2*y2*y2*y2*y2

·
Registered
38 Posts
What i hate about petco/mart. Is that everytime i go in...Once i check the condition and all that i say ok i need this fish... and then they say... what size tank, what od u have in it, whats ur water temp yada yada yada... its like... hello ive had a tank a while and i know what im doing with what fish ... im not a little kid whose getting his first goldfish in a bowl.

·
Aquarium Fanatic
1,267 Posts
What i hate about petco/mart. Is that everytime i go in...Once i check the condition and all that i say ok i need this fish... and then they say... what size tank, what od u have in it, whats ur water temp yada yada yada... its like... hello ive had a tank a while and i know what im doing with what fish ... im not a little kid whose getting his first goldfish in a bowl.
you should feel good that they ask this, i have seen people sell fish to some one without asking a single question and come to be the tank is in their trunk and they dont even have water yet, i have people come in to work pick out all their fish and when i finally say so what other fish do you have they go uhh ive never had any but i got a tank today, or my personal favorite these are going in my 1 gal fish bowel with the other 4 goldfish

·
Entertainment Commitee
314 Posts
no never yelled i just givem a weird look when something isnt right kinda a wth look haahhahahhaha

then i just go get all their ro water woo hoo its free lololol

·
Registered
86 Posts
The Petco near me keeps the fish area well stocked, the tanks are well cleaned, and surprisingly the two folks that I have met in there seem pretty knowledgeable.

Now the Petsmart is a total different story. Like many others have said, I feel so bad for the fish that they keep there.

I guess it depends a lot on the management.

·
Banned
24 Posts
yeah like
"WOULD YOU EAT OUT OF THIS? HUH?? WOULD YA??"
LOL
or just lash 'em with a wet fish net...that was actually mentioned in Tropical Fish Hobbyist Magazine a few months ago...lol

·
Banned
28 Posts
nope never yelled just raised my voice

·
Registered
278 Posts
Never yelled at one, thats not to say they didnt deserve it or that I didnt want to. On more than a few occaisions it would have been liberating although done little to correct the problem at hand.

You have to remeber that Petco (and others) pay little above mimum wage. When you pay peanuts, you get monkeys, its the nature of the beast. Talent cost money. These box stores oftem make thier profits by dealing in volume not quality. This is the reason often times the tanks look like crap, the live stock is often pathetic and there is a pimple faced teen age high schooler as the Sales Rep. As such they often times dont have a clue and were just tossed in that department cuase the store needed a person there and most arent being paid enough to care anyways.

The way I see it...if a LFS doesnt value my business, I bet there is a competitor of thiers down the road who does, if there aint I will go on line to one of several reputable retailers I can count on.

But I feel your pain and flustration!!!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts