Aquarium Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I'm fairly new to this. I've had a small community tank for a couple years and just set up a 55 gal. cichlid tank. I went to my local pet store to buy the fish. I really couldn't name them for you now but here's my issue. I got an Electric Blue Jack Dempsy. It got murdered by the other fish in the tank. I explained what I was going to be doing and was assured at the store that they would be fine together. Well, when I call back to see if I could get a refund or exchange the owner said there was no "gaurantee against agressive fish" and wouldn't do anything for me. My question is, is this normal? If I was assured they would be fine together am I wrong in feeling like I should be recompensated? Or is this really just how these things work?

Andy

·
Aquarium Fanatic
1,267 Posts
the policy at the store i work at is very similar to this assuming that you were informed right. what did you put him in with?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Fair enough. I'll get the names, didn't write it down, and get back on here to let you know. Any other pet store employees work someplace with similar or different policies?

·
Cornelius
95 Posts
pretty standard policy everywhere I have been.
Now, that said, we do have one LFS in the area that will gladly provide you with blatantly incorrect information to close a deal on a $60 marine fish, or biocube, or whatever else they can sell you. Buyer beware I guess.

·
Aquarium Fanatic
1,267 Posts
pretty standard policy everywhere I have been.
Now, that said, we do have one LFS in the area that will gladly provide you with blatantly incorrect information to close a deal on a $60 marine fish, or biocube, or whatever else they can sell you. Buyer beware I guess.
you have to remember that they are there to get sales so if you want good info you have to establish that they actually know what they are talking about. for example i have a quite a few customers that will only deal with me so they dont get misled into buying something they dont need

·
Registered
60 Posts
The LFS near me has stickers on all the tanks explaining the aggressiveness of the fish.

They guarantee their fish for 24 hours, but not against them being killed by other fish.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts