Aquarium Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Animal Lover
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
One of my female guppies, is pretty big. But somethings odd :fish9: She doesn't have a dark gravid spot like my other pregnant guppy. I was just wondering could she just be fat? I don't feed her too often, just once in the morning when I wake up (Like @ 7 or 8), and when I go to bed (9 or 10).
She's healthy, and everything. But somethings odd, could she just be overweight? I just got her recently. And I'm just wondering. Any information is needed :)

·
....has no life....
12,629 Posts
If it doesn't have a spot, then I would say it is likely a male. Never seen a female without the spot. Other livebearers it can be hard to see....but not on a Guppy.

·
Animal Lover
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
If it doesn't have a spot, then I would say it is likely a male. Never seen a female without the spot. Other livebearers it can be hard to see....but not on a Guppy.
Haha, it's possible. I am pretty sure it's a female. When I saw this guppy at the petstore I believed she was a female. She is big, and not colorful except for a little on her tail. And the guy that worked there, said she looked like one without me even asking if that one was. Plus her anal/ventral fin is round. So I'm not sure yet..

·
Registered
1,994 Posts
Fish that eat too much become obese. It's something you see a lot of with tetras, more than livebearers, but it does happen. I feed adults once a day (swordtails twice) and have one day of fasting per week.

·
Registered
2 Posts
you can also tell by the fins on a male and female guppy.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts