Aquarium Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here is my little box of salt, it's an aquapod 24g with the false wall ripped out, with a cpr90 overflow box to a ten gallon sump skimmed by a turboflotor blue 1000 powered by a vortec mp20. It is currently going repairs at ecotech but those guys are great at customer service so it should be back in my tank in no time. It is lit by a 250w pfo pendant powered by an icecap ballast and 20k reefkrystal bulb. The livestock include varius zoanthids along with a few other softies and some sps. The fish list goes, ora misbar (used to be paired till the big one killed the other one), flame tail blenny, wild caught gulf of mexico tessalated blenny, and one mandarin goby. Don't flame me since I have kept him well fed with about 45 pounds of lr in the system and have had him for over 12mo. with no problem. He does not eat frozen and is soley maintained off a heavy pod population. Looks like I need to get posting to add some pics.

·
Aquarium Fanatic
1,267 Posts
Sounds like an awesome very nice equipment i must say. are you running a fuge in your sump to allow the pods to reproduce or how are you keeping their population so high?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Not at the moment. I have set up a 20L for room for a fuge when I upgrade to my 40br later this month. My sump is a three chambered sump. First is for the overflow that would actually make a good fuge to grow cheato just don't need it with such low nutrients, next is the biggest middle chamber that houses the skimmer and other equipment, lastly is the return chamber. I top off daily with ro water since my float switch fried and have been too lazy to order another. I will definately have to get one for the 40br since I'll be looking at a lot more evap.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Here are the goods,
My virgin tank

Everything came from an established AP12g sps tank.

Some more recent shots

A shot of the atl rainbow from above monti groups about a year later

and some frags I cut of some under growth of the same monti along with some african blue's aka blue hornets

mother colony

bare bottom is so much better

few acan frags

some of my faves

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Here's a few more

Mohawks

Skimmer in my old two chambered 10g sump

Here are a few shos of the 12g tank that I upgraded from due to heavy dosing requirements. I'm now allowed to chill out at least a day or two during the week with double the water volume.

This was my all time favorite milli, atl sunrise milli

This tank was lit by a 150w sunpod w/stock bulb. I sold off most of the frags seen here due to the move and to get in on a group buy for the mp20

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks, they are some of my favorite's, I've been getting into some chalice's lately along with more acans since they have come down drastically in price. I just read the latest reef hobbiest magazine and saw the new superman chalice that came out. I am stuffing cash under the matress for that one.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts