Aquarium Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, Im wondering what this stuff is? The grey stuff on the wood... looks like cob webs; when I clear it its back again by morning... I suspect its got something to do with snails? As I see one hanging around this area

·
Bullheads Rock My Socks
98 Posts
your in trouble...i looked this up and i checked a few forums and asked around...it appears you have hair algae, what kidn i dont know but i know there is no good kind...they say it could be a nutrient problem if you have a planted tank...they suggest a 50% water change and then black the tank out for 72hours, then do another 50 % waterchange and clean all of your filters thoroughly to eliminate the spores from returning...good luck though, keep us posted...here is the link

big algae problem - Freshwater & Saltwater Aquarium Forum

·
Pleco n bn breeder n BOSS
7,685 Posts
How long has the tank been set up? and is it new wood? if that is the case what your seeing is fungus from the wood being in the water. It will eventually clear up on its own. Its hard to tell if its algae or not, the pic isn't clear enough for me.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
tank has been setup for about 2 weeks; no fish in it yet.. I did a 100% water change the first time I got this and added new plants at the same time. Yes the wood is new (2 weeks; same as the tank)

I clear this stuff off at night and its literally back by the morning

that picture might not look in focus on the grey stuff but thats how it actually looksl its fuzzy grey puffy looking stuff

1 - 5 of 5 Posts