Aquarium Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking forward to this forum, as I have been bitten by the aquarium bug pretty hard - have been housebound due to a health challenge all year and I took up this hobby to keep myself from going insane!! (not sure whether its working or not, you'd have to ask my fiancee LOL). I've been involved with wildlife rehab and animal care my whole life, but home aquaria is new for me. Hope to share info and a few laughs too.

·
Registered
66 Posts
welcome!!!
fishies make nice company when we need to be home for whatever reason. their little hungry faces make us smile. :fish5:

let us know what fishies you've got or are getting and we'll be glad to help.

of course i always recommend BETTAS as i'm a betta mommy through and through, and their personal attachment and recognition of you will bring you many hours of joy and intrigue. :betta:

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks so much!! I've gone a bit wild, I'm afraid - I have one 3g, two 5g, one 10g, one 12g, one 29g and then there's the 15g Hermit crabitat. Santa is bringing a 55g setup to make our lives easier!! Whew!!

·
Registered
66 Posts
Thanks so much!! I've gone a bit wild, I'm afraid - I have one 3g, two 5g, one 10g, one 12g, one 29g and then there's the 15g Hermit crabitat. Santa is bringing a 55g setup to make our lives easier!! Whew!!
pictures please! especially of your BETTA Warrior!!:fish11:

·
Reefer, Plants and Ponds
270 Posts
Oh, you've definitely got the bug!:p

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
3gal - 1 (very spoiled) male Crown Tail Betta

5gal - 1 very perky female Crown Tail betta and her adopted "team" of 5 harlequin Rasboras

5gal - 2 gorgeous Golden Wonder Panchax Killifish male & female (used to be in the community tank, but now staged alone waiting for Santa to deliver the 55gal!!!)

10gal - Two hilarious Balloon Mollies male & female and their 3 surviving fry, (had to feed the others to the masses), 3 Cardinal Tetras, 1 Red Morph Dwarf (say that ten times fast) Gourami

12 Gal - 5 Black Neons, three Lemon Tetras and one amazing African Threadfin Catfish

15 Gal "Crabitat" - 1 adult/1 juvenile Strawberry and one Purple Pincher Hermit crab

29gal - 3 frisky Rainbow Red Iridians, 1 male Golden Panchax Killi, 4 Giant Golden Danios, 2 adorable Golden Dojo Loaches, 1 highly entertaining Florida Crayfish (Electric Blue "Lobster"), 1 Eclipse Catfish, 2 octocinclus

As you can see, the maintenance is killing me - HURRY, SANTA, HURRY - bring that 55gallon ASAP!!!

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Oh, you've definitely got the bug!:p
I sure do. My dogs and my cat watch me slinging buckets of water everywhere, feeding testing and observing the tanks as if I've gone daft (and of course they're right!!)

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Please tell me your secret. I feel a health issue coming on!

By the way your are making the 55g a saltwater one right?
not sure what you meant about "my secret" - but no, its going to be a freshwater tank (check my list of fish and you'll see!!);)

·
Registered
47 Posts
Welcome,Watertiger. You sound like you have tons of energy!!
What kinds of things did you do when you were involved with wildlife rehab?

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Welcome,Watertiger. You sound like you have tons of energy!!
What kinds of things did you do when you were involved with wildlife rehab?
I grew up in rural New Jersey and did a lot of rehab/release with injured critters with my family veterinarian advising me.
Have raised dogs,cats, birds, reptiles (my only reptile now is my 6 year old Ball Python that I've raised since a baby and she is a lovely snake!!). I did rescue and rehab at the Falcon Batchelor Raptor Center during the 90's - such a fabulous opportunity to participate in animal rescue and release - worked with everything from raptors to a rowdy gang of large nile monitors! Cleaned a lot of poop, assisted in rescue and rehab and medical procedures. Personally I've cared for everything from frican Fat Tailed Geckoes to Costa Rican Zebra Knee Tarantulas. I have a passion for Alligators, but haven't had an opportunity to work with them yet!!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts