Aquarium Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my name is tyler and i love fish!! my first fish was not a common goldfish but a jack dempsey cichlid. he lived for a good 8 years. i'll never forget him, nor the time he tried to knock the shell off of a golden apple snail or when he tried to swallow an iridescent shark headfirst. he had lived with another smaller JD for about 6 years before i found him floating at the surface with a big chomp out of him. now i plan on doing a science experiment to see if keeping colorful fish will relieve stress. my dad has inspired me. he owns a 125 gal saltwater tank with: 1 banded cat shark, 2 snowflake moray eels, 1 dog-faced puffer, 5 mummichock killies, 2 blue devil damsels, 1 black-tailed humbug, 1 blue mandarinfish, 1 (missing) cleaner shrimp, 3 "feather duster" tube worms, a dozen clams, a dozen snails, and plan on getting a royal gramma (if we can get control over our rising ammonia levels.) to add a bit of color to the tank. anyway, i am glad to be a member of what seems to be a very smart website!

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
Welcome to the site....... Just so you are aware ther has been studies done the effects of fish tank in the lobby of doctors offices and it has been proven that the patents are more relaxed when it comes time to see the doctor. has to do with watch the calmness of the fish swimming.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts