Aquarium Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need a new vacuum as the old one broke. Any suggestions on one that is easy to use and does the job?
Thanks!

·
Fish Guru
67 Posts
omg! yes!! i have the marina brand!! works great! it starts the first time you fill it up. it has a gravel guard so u dont accidently suck up the rock. it also has a non kinking hose which is my favorite part b/c i was all the time warping the usual plastic tubing... and last but not least it comes with a bucket clip that also controls the flow... pretty kool... check it out!

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you both! I will check them out when I get to Petland today!

I should NEVER be allowed in that store alone! lol! Too many things I want!

·
Fish Guru
67 Posts
lol they deff have it... i know c
b/c i work @ a petland and we all pretty much carry the same thing... which PL u goin to?

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'm in Winnipeg, Canada. I have two that I go to. One that's close to work and the other that is close to home.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I believe there are three in the city here. They just recently opened a new stand alone store close to my house. The staff there really know their stuff. I love going there! Last time we went one of the employees brought out a snake for someone to look at. I am terrified of snakes! My son on the other hand was on that thing like a fat kid on a Smartie! (Okay that was a little off side. I'm sorry!) The guy was really good with all the questions people were asking. He obviously had a love for reptiles! They have a beautiful Jack Dempsey there that I have been admiring for some time. He's not for sale though. :(

I was wrong, there are four in Winnipeg.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Petland seems to be all over this country with several in every major city! I didn't even know they were in the States!

·
New Member Manager
689 Posts
I never heard of Petland before I came to this forum. Im in the baltimore, MD area, and I never seen one or heard of one. I never had a python, I just use a straight up siphon on my tanks. Python is the way to go though. A little pricey, but they are great!

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Our Petland here used to be pretty crappy for fish but they were the only game in town. I stopped shopping there for a long time. Everything was really over priced! The competition's prices were much cheaper. Then all of the sudden all the other chains went to hell and Petland cleaned up its act. Now they have knowledgable staff and great prices!

I'll have to check out the python if I ever get a chance to get to the LPS!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts