Aquarium Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello! I got a lionhead ranchu shipped in from Hawaii right around August of last year. She has been doing great and is quite healthy. However, I noticed that both her (Lisa) and the orange fish (Super Kame) sometimes have small white dots on their head. It usually does not look granular like Ich. However, since I have had Kame for 3 years, I have grown quite attached to him and don't want anything to happen. Please look at the following pictures and tell me what you think might be happening here. I have two tanks and this randomly shows up on three fish. It only appears on their head, never the rest of their body. And, they act fine, no flashing or attitude changes that indicate they are sick.

I would appreciate any advice.

Tonya IMG_0820.JPG

IMG_0827.JPG

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
One more picture.

*I should note that all the fish that are showing this are Ranchu (or at least part ranchu) and I know that they tend to get some whitish spots on their head if they are gaining new head growth or are going through a growth spurt. Just want to make sure that this is not something more serious. If it is, I would appreciate advice as to treatment.

Thanks again!

-Tonya

Attachments

·
On the wild side
4,132 Posts
i am far from being a goldie expert...in fact i know very little of them. But if they are acting ok, and eating alright I wouldnt worry very much.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts