Aquarium Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a comet thats just about a foot long and for some reason he's became aggressive towards one, and only one of my goldfish, a black moor. And its not ok, he's started tearing up his fins (i have pictures if any cares to see..)

The comet is the biggest fish in my goldfish community but i've had him for awhile now and have never had a problem. Most of my goldfish are males, Im actually not sure about the black moor though.

Their diet is definitely just fine. The water temperature is at about 74.

I've had goldfish for years and i've never seen this.

Male aggression? Food aggression? Space??

I will admit the comet should most likely be in a bigger tank but i rescued him from a 28 gallon tank when i worked at a petstore and i haven't been able to find something better for him.

Anyone know?

·
Registered
42 Posts
what size tank is it in now? Richie is right, you answered your own question, goldfish should be in ponds not tanks.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
They're in a 55 gallon. The size of the tank is just fine for the rest. I just don't know what to do with the comet, he was a rescue fish. This was only meant to be temporary but its lasted a bit longer than expected and now I don't know what to do with him.

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
thats a tough no check with your mom and pop LFS and see it they might have a place for him or even a buyer and give it to them... or try and get some store credit

1 - 5 of 5 Posts